Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ode To The Pajama

A chill in the air, bleak, drizzling... The alarm went off and instantly I knew that it was going to be one of those days. Why couldn't I just stay in my pajamas all day? Okay, yes, I still have work to go to. Then again, do I ever not work?


I found myself seriously examining just what the reaction might be, if I appeared at my usual time wearing:


Black velvety drawstring lounge pants
A grey and red OSU t-shirt that was about two sizes too big (yes, I stole it from the ex husband!)
Red stripey bedsock slipper booties
Fluffy bathrobe for "outerwear"
Also, hair sticking up in all directions and black framed glasses with no make-up.

It's sexy high-glamour all the way for me! In fact, it's a wonder the runways of Milan, Paris, and 5th Avenue aren't all dying to replicate this particular edgy, offbeat, polyester and cottony shiek.
"Bag Lady Chic," A little of everything and all mixed up. Like nothing the likes of Versace or Dolce has ever created before! Inexpensive and practical! Functional! Forget the day looks and having to switch to night. My look is dual-purpose!

And can you imagine an entire office of folks not bothering to get dressed for work? Holy cow, there'd be flannel and sweats, satin and boxers, and promo t-shirts from tradeshows...Ooohhh, a new use for all of those black concert t-shirts that I had from back in the 80's! Hell, most of those band members close to their 70's are trying to have reunion concerts anyway! It would be so vintage!!!!


Not to mention a small amount of nudists. Ewwww, we won't go there. That visual just has to leave my head right now! I didn't want to mention them mainly because, well, look around out there at some people…myself included. Imagine some of your coworkers au-naturale, making copies, changing light bulbs, or climbing under desks to set-up network connections.


On the other hand, just imagine being in the middle of a client crisis, or a really long conference call, a plushy bathrobe and bed socks might be just the thing to quiet the soul. Add a cup of Starbucks and there you have it! Comfy workers are happy, productive workers. I think as long as we can come to some arrangement with the nudists, the Code of the Good Pajama Ethics might just improve morale. And plus, I've got this awesome Energizer Bunny nightshirt all ready for the office holiday party. Even better, my feety pajamas! Mmmmm, I love feety pajamas. They're warm, fuzzy, and you don't have to go searching for socks to keep your feet warm.


So, what would be your dress code for the day? Unless, you're one of the nudists. In that case it might be way too much information!