Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Back!

Well, it's back! This time it's on my leg.  Right on the inside of my knee.  It picked a good place this time.  It happens to be the knee that I need surgery on.  Then again, these types of things seem to manifest themselves where the weaker parts of your body is.

I've got my head up and most of the time feel pretty optimistic.  I have no idea what the prognosis is yet, nor do I know how it go there, why it's there, how they'll get rid of it, or will it ever come back again.  I've gotten some criticism along the way because people don't often take me seriously.  I think they think that I should be to the point where I can't function.  Well, I am but I have to keep moving.  If I stop then it wins.  I have to show everyone that I can do it and I don't want to drag them down with me.  I don't want them to see me hurt.  I know they do but I'm fighting hard to keep that to a minimum.

I have a new friend in Long Beach.  We've talked a lot and she is the one that has really motivated me lately.  She is bound and determined to be my little cheerleader.

I still have the pain in my side and still have the never-ending cough and quite honestly, I'm scared as hell.