Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas

Over the course of the average lifetime you meet a lot of people. Some of them stick with you through thick and thin. Some weave their way through your life and disappear forever. But once in a while someone comes along who earns a permanent place in your heart. - The Wonder Years


The link is for someone very special. I had hoped to sing it in person one day.


Every once in a while someone comes along who renews your faith in the human spirit and gives you courage to believe you can face your fears and rise above your environmental circumstances to realize your highest aspirations. Sometimes we can't explain the circumstances that bring those into our lives.  I guess that's why we call it fate, but for whatever reason, it happens for a reason.  I guess it's just better to accept it than challenge things or question why.  Perhaps, it's just better to appreciate these special people and the gift that they represent no matter how big or small, and realize that there's a reason for everything even if we don't understand ourselves.

Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of meeting one of those special people that came into my life on one of the social networking sites.  A couple of weeks ago, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting that same person.  Although, there is much to learn about each other, he has left a unique mark in my life and for that I am totally grateful.  He doesn't realize how treasured his support has been and really is clueless when it come to knowing that it's the little things that he has said and done that has meant so much. 

A couple of weeks ago, he offered to take me to see the Christmas tree in the city.  That one trip meant more to me than he will ever realize.  It brought me some of the closure around the holidays that I had been looking for.  It was also something that I had wanted to do for the past three Christmas seasons that I've lived in New York, and something that I had asked someone that was once very special in my life to do.  It was a chance to see something new and different, and well, literally just see....period, in case my vision is taken from me one day.  It was a random act of kindness that was totally unexpected, but so so sweet.  He will never really know what ran through my mind the moment I saw this magnificant tree and the memories it left me with.  It's something that most New Yorkers take for granted, but deep down inside I was really over-whelmed with the experience.

I really have no idea how one click of a mouse could have been so fateful and brought this person into my life.  A person, who had renewed a little bit of faith that there are at least a few good people, especially guys, left in this world.  It's definitely left this girl intrigued and I have to admit that he was everything I thought he'd be, and possibly a little more. ;)  It's his kind heart and his love of music that enabled me to see the person that I believed he was, even without knowing him all that well.  He was definitely the type of guy that most girls would wish for. It's rare that someone can leave me with a feeling like that.  I'm so grateful and totally in awe that he did.